Sunday, September 13, 2009

Learning Photography

I'm aware of how short this post is, but don't worry, I'm not being lazy or slacking..(maybe a little but hey, I've been taking on a lot lately. I need day's off too.!)

Heres some advice for anyone considering becoming a pro photographer. It's going to take a lot of hard work (like anything that will become profitable), dedication, and at least 2 years before your making a solid income. I've had no formal education in the art or business of photography, and have been learning along the way. This brings me quickly to the point of this post: As a photographer, we must always strive to become better at what we do, and improve our business handling skills. As I sit here and look back at some of the ways I have handled business, or my camera, I'm amazed that I was making money at all. The fact of the matter is not that I was bad at what I was doing, more that I was inefficient, and uneducated about certain aspects. This is the same way that I feel about everything in life. We are always students in life, and should do as much work as possible to better ourselves, our businesses, and all aspects of our lives.

There are lots of great resources available to photographers that are either cheap, or free through the internet. I suggest joining the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, the American Society of Media Photographers, and KelbyTraining.com. All of these are cheap, and extremely helpful to anyone interested in photography, the business of photography, and photo editing. If you don't have the money, there are thousands of great blogs, and other places to learn everything you need to know! Don't just sit and let your business fail, adapt and further your expertise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment