Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Off to NYC for PhotoPlus Expo

Tomorrow I will be headed to New York City for the first time!  I will be helping out LumiQuest at the show, and am now one of their endorsed photographers.  Updates will be coming about the trip and new technology, gadgets, and gear.  I'll try to update while I am there, but there are no guarantees that I will have enough time since I want to capture some photos of the city.

For now, here is some editing advice:

Sharpen your images on a new masked layer in lightness mode of LAB color using an Unsharp Mask, this way you can selectively paint the sharpening only in the locations that should be sharp.  Always use this technique with images that have a lot of dark blue sky, because sharpening the sky adds a lot of unwanted noise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment